FOLLOW

Thursday, September 8, 2011

TIPS ON APPLYING FOR A US TRAVEL VISA

Rumors that you should have lots of money, or that you should've visited  several other countries to get a US TRAVEL VISA --- are really just rumors.  This is to share how easy it was for me to get one or I was just lucky. :)

I even got a 10-year visa w/ multiple entries.


I got approved April of 2011, and this is how my interview with the consul went.

Consul: Why are you applying for a US Visa?
Me: My boyfriend and his mom goes to the US every year to travel, his mom asked me to get a Visa so I can join them this year.
Consul: Who will pay for your travel.
Me: My bf's mom.
Consul: What's her job?
Me: (I won't post her job here, for security purposes)
Consul: What company do you work for?
Me: JP Morgan Chase
Consul: What do you do at Chase?
Me: (I won't put it here, for privacy reasons)

Consul: Ok, enjoy your trip.  You are approved!

I was surprised, they didn't even ask me how much I earn, or the money I have in my bank account, I brought lots of supporting documents but none was asked. :)

I was waiting for my turn for almost 2 hours, but my interview lasted for only a minute.

The best tip for passing an interview is "honesty",  my purpose for getting a travel VISA really seems lame, but it was the truth.  The travel agent who processed my Visa application even advised me - not to say that I'm going with my boyfriend, coz, a lot of honeymooners are being declined recently...  which of course I did not obey.

They also want to see ties that will show that you'll come back to the Philippines.  I think I was approved easily, because I am an only child, and I don't have any relatives in the US...  2nd is, I am employed by a US bank, so they didn't see any reason for me to look for other jobs there.

Also, make sure that your online application form is very detailed and accurate, as they research and investigate on the information you placed in there - days before the interview.  All the interview questions are just clarifications of your inputs on the application form.

Lastly, be relaxed, exude confidence, and be happy while talking to the consul, as they are good in reading behavior and they might misjudge your intentions.  I used to teach, so it's easy for me to talk in front of people, thus, responding to the consul's questions was just a breeze for me.



Good luck on your interview!


No comments:

Post a Comment

FOLLOW

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...